Join us and help prevent domestic violence and abuse in South-East Queensland!
So, what is R4Respect?
We are a youth based group in Logan who focus on teaching young people how to foster respectful relationships through fun messages & activities.
Our four key messages are:
- We all have the right to be free of abuse and violence.
- Respect means being fair and valuing others as equals.
- Value diversity. Value culture. Celebrate difference.
- Negotiate through disagreements. Don’t hit out.
Any young people are welcome to apply, but we are predominately looking for young people from different groups who represent various backgrounds. Anyone who is LGBTQ+, ethnic, or has a disability is encouraged to apply.
What will your role include?
- Engaging with young people at stalls and schools to spread respectful messages
- Creating social media posts, organising local events and regularly attending meetings
- Intensive training on domestic violence and presentation schools
What skills do I need?
- Leadership qualities
- Ability to work in a team
- Basic presentation and digital communication skills
- Ability to contribute constructively in team settings
- Interest in preventing domestic violence through working with young people
- Ability to commit 100 hours over 12 months
Love how it sounds? Send a resume and cover letter to [email protected] by 30th November, 2018.
Can’t wait to hear from you! Feel free to check out our Facebook, Instagram and website in the mean time!